Menu
lettyletford
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

negotiating

I have been having the common problem with my tivo box of being stuck in negotiating and then saying service not found during the installation process

Have tried the solution suggested on the forum for the past few days which hasnt worked,
Was wondering if you still receive the signal after two days?

Been told I have to wait two weeks for an engineer and theres nothing else virgin media can do :-(
Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: negotiating

If its a samsung tivo Try powering off the Tivo, 

Hold down the TV, Down and record button then power the box on, let go of all buttons when the blue led appears.  If you get a different error message you might need to get another hit sent to the box from the call center

0 Kudos

All Replies
lettyletford
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Also do I need to have my broadband plugged in while installing?

If anyone could help that would be great

Thanks
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If its a samsung tivo Try powering off the Tivo, 

Hold down the TV, Down and record button then power the box on, let go of all buttons when the blue led appears.  If you get a different error message you might need to get another hit sent to the box from the call center

0 Kudos
lettyletford
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks, I have tried that and it hasnt worked
Will call virgin and ask them to send me another hit

Thanks alot
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi lettyletford,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear you're not able to get a service because your TiVo® box is stuck on negotiating.

I can see it's been a few days since you last posted, how are things looking? I'll now send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
SunnyCaz
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello, can anyone help us. We have a TiVo box, delivered yesterday. It sticks on connecting (negotiating) then after about 10mins it fails, shows a yellow triangle and says (service not found). We tried the hold down the, down arrow and record button until the blue light comes on etc. We tried holding the button for even longer. We put our old box on and that still works but we have lost some channels and it thinks we have a new viewing card. We called the help line last night but they didn't know what to do. We now have to wait a week for an engineer and cannot even watch what we had before let alone our new channels. We have plugged the TiVo in again today but still have the same problem. Any ideas please? Very disappointing.

thank you

Rich_B wrote:

Hi lettyletford,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear you're not able to get a service because your TiVo® box is stuck on negotiating.

I can see it's been a few days since you last posted, how are things looking? I'll now send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi SunnyCaz, 

Thank you for coming back to the Community.

Rich isn't here right now but I'd love to help. 

Can you tell me if this is still happening today? I've been looking into the TiVo and I can see some T3 timeoutes. If this is persistent then I'd like to get this looked at by one of our engineers.

On the plus side, I've been looking at certain parts of the hardware and power levels and SNR are working well. There are also no known outage in the area linked with TV.

Get back to me when you can and take care Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos