Menu
smathis
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

my virgin tivo box is very slow it is a joke!!

i have virgin media tivo box the old one, it is very very slow and driving us mad, we complained before and had an engineer out and he suggested just unplugging it for few mins and plugging back in and all is fine for about 10 mins???? 

when i click my shows or home or anything it takes anything from 30 seconds to about 90 seconds to do anything???? i keep restarting it but no joy..

how do i go about getting a new up to date tivo box? i am paying for a service that is not as described and not working right.. 

Also the box is very noisy you can hear the hard drive churning like it is dying a slow death........

HELP this is driving us mad so we are thinking of changing to sky? does anyone think sky is better???

thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: my virgin tivo box is very slow it is a joke!!

A fix for this is being rolled out to all by the end of the month.

See here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Update-to-our-TiVo-boxes/td-p/3257296/...

It downloaded to my box 2 days ago and it has been much faster since.

It's being phased across the country area by area.

Keith

Signature 16-12-24 (forum size).png

smathis
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks but i can safely say my system has not been updated lol it is ridiculous. and when an engineer comes out he just says unplug it and restart, i do that it is then ok for a few hours then grrrrrrrrrrrr... how do i get a new tivo box for free from virgin? they give good new equipment to new customers and the old customers who have been paing them a lot of mmoney for years get the old crappy stuff?? don't seem right??

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

smathis wrote:

thanks but i can safely say my system has not been updated lol it is ridiculous. and when an engineer comes out he just says unplug it and restart, i do that it is then ok for a few hours then grrrrrrrrrrrr... how do i get a new tivo box for free from virgin? they give good new equipment to new customers and the old customers who have been paing them a lot of mmoney for years get the old crappy stuff?? don't seem right??

It may have been updated and you haven't noticed any difference. Plenty of us have already posted that the update makes little or no difference to the poor performance of the Tivo.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Bingley
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As said in a previous post the update is a faliure !  Slow as it was before, Netflix and Iplayer -just don`t bother. Yesterday we had the box reboot itself 4 times !!  What is this all about now, rebooting so many times. ?  

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Please add your info at :-

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/RC24-What-was-it-for/m-p/3275090#U3275...

Trying to to discern if there is a pattern.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos