my tivo box will not record in dolby digital

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: my tivo box will not record in dolby digital

Hi seablue1, 

Thanks for your post and apologies that you are having an issue with recording on your TiVo®.

This isn't what we like to hear and I'm more than happy to take a look at this for you. 

Currently we're aware there is a fault affecting the sound on TiVo® when using Dolby Digital. If you change the settings on the TiVo® to the following:

Settings > Audio Settings > Dolby Digital > Dolby to PCM

This should bring the sound back. This is just a temporary work around while we look for a permanent fix. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
seablue1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thanks for your reply.

To give you a few more details of the problem; if I am watching live HD TV I can receive the soundtrack in Dolby Digital, but if I record the same channel as I'm watching live, it will not record and/or play the Dolby Digital soundtrack, and I need to change the settings from Dolby to PCM.

Unfortunately this is no substitute for true Dolby Digital, and I'm disappointed that this fault has being ongoing for some time, and I would be grateful if you could put a timescale on when this issue will be resolved.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi seablue1,

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

There are another 2 workarounds that may suit you better. Try giving these a go:

·         If you are using a separate home cinema system, amplifier or sound bar, then the best connection to use is an HDMI cable. 

·         On some TVs with an optical output, you may be able to route the Dolby Digital from the TV to the amp/ surround sound system.

Have they improved things for you?

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mvan
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator