Menu
ukgray
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

my tivo box keeps buffering when watching bbc iplayer or netflix

we have just moved to our new house and taken tivo with us but now bbc iplayer and netflix keeps buffering also I can no longer get netflix through my xbox one, it keeps saying server error all these worked fine before the move ?

Can someone help Man Happy

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: my tivo box keeps buffering when watching bbc iplayer or netflix

Can't help with Xbox as this is. Tivo forum but if a reboot (after checking all cables are attached correctly and firmly) doesn't work you probably have a signal issue so you'll need an engineer. 

0 Kudos
ukgray
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

checked all cables and rebooted but still the same issues never had trouble before move ?

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Get an engineer. Probably signal issue but could be cable related - power cable? 

Anyway dont hang around. I doubt you'll get it sorted on here. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi ukgray,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're getting buffering on BBC iPlayer and Netflix on your TiVo® box.

I'll be able to run network tests this end to see what's going on with the connection. I've not been able to locate your account on this occasion. I'd need to get some more information from you.

I'll now send you private message to discuss further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi ukgray,

Thanks for providing me with your details. I'd like to bring the conversation back to the public forum.

I've been able to check this for you. There appears to be a high demand for our service in your area. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to support this increase. This is being investigated under fault reference F003513950. The next review date has been set for 22nd July 2015

Our networks team are aware of this and are working towards a resolution but due to the complexity of the work needed we can never give a definite fix date. Some work has been done to alleviate the demand but further work is needed.

I hope this information goes some way to explaining the situation. Please feel free to bump this thread after the review date for more information.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
ukgray
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Snip>This is being investigated under fault reference F003513950. The next review date has been set for 22nd July 2015<Snip
So as I'm not receiving the full band width shouldn't I be entitled to some sort of refund ?
Thank you
0 Kudos
ukgray
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

bump

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi ukgray,

Thanks for your reply.  

We're unable to provide a credit for this, as the features affected are not chargeable.  They can be accessed for Free via other sources i.e. Mobile phone, tablet, pc/laptop etc.

Our engineering teams are working hard to resolve this as soon as we can. 

I'm sorry for the disruption caused in the meantime.  As soon as we know more, we'll let you know.

cheers Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ukgray
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No ....but I am paying for 152 Mb and I am only getting between 45Mb and 52 Mb that is chargeable so as I original asked shouldn't I receive a refund as I am not getting the advertised broadband speed !
0 Kudos