Menu
stevanwan
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

multi room stream

This may have been answered but searching I couldn't find the answer. Have just got 2nd tivo box from box swap last week and was looking for the boxes being available to each other for streaming at the bottom of "my shows". Have now read about connecting the boxes to my home network with adaptors or powerplug lines. As the boxes have their own broadband, are they not already connected to my home network??? without the need for extra equipment.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: multi room stream

No, each box has it's own internet connection to the outside world but you must connect each box to your home network to enable MRS.

Alternatively, if the two boxes are near to one another, you can directly connect them together via an Ethernet cable.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No, each box has it's own internet connection to the outside world but you must connect each box to your home network to enable MRS.

Alternatively, if the two boxes are near to one another, you can directly connect them together via an Ethernet cable.

0 Kudos
stevanwan
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ah right. Ta. I just assumed as it all comes in on the one cable. They are all using the one connection and wouldn't be separate connections and no they're not close  together. Have a 2 storey house. 1 ground floor and other top floor. So one cable between them not really an option. Will have a think if multi room streaming is really needed as can just set the same programs to record on both and just delete them as and when they get watched. Thanks for answering.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You could try Wifi adapters or powerline, not sure what network speed is need to support a stream but it should be possible.

0 Kudos
stevanwan
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have 200 mb internet. So should be covered there. I have just noticed that on the tv anywhere app my 2nd tivo box is showing up on it to set recordings, to choose between living room and bedroom. It only has the white coax cable in it. No ethernet cable. So now I'm wondering what is and isn't connected to my "home network" ?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

On the TV Anywhere app, you get the 'not connected to home network' message when you are trying to do something which cannot be done, such as watch a recording from My Shows or watch a channel which cannot be streamed.

In these circumstances, the app tries to start these recordings on your TV connected to TIVo and since you don't have the TiVo connected to your home network, it can't do that, hence the message.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, meant to say that the TV Anywhere app only needs each TiVo connected to the co-ax as it uses TiVo's own internet, delivered by the co-ax, for the vast majority of its function.

0 Kudos