Menu
2G
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

lost recordings

Since yesterday I have lost all my Criminal Minds recordings.  Nothing else affected as far as I can see.  They have not been deleted and only 40 per cent of storage capacity has been used.  No reason why this should have happened.  Are they recoverable?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: lost recordings

Hi 2G, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having with Criminal minds. 

When you set the show to record what options did you use? 

Are they in the Deleted folder?

Is there a reason showing with the Hiccups section?

Let me know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi 2G, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having with Criminal minds. 

When you set the show to record what options did you use? 

Are they in the Deleted folder?

Is there a reason showing with the Hiccups section?

Let me know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
2G
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your answer. After I had posted I discovered that for some reason my box had reverted to default recording settings I.e. Save 10 episodes. I have remedied that and recovered the recordings. I had been looking for them early in the list of recently deleted but eventually found them by scrolling down multiple pages. Thank you again
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unless I'm mistaken, if you were able to recover these recordings from the Recently Deleted folder, they were not auto deleted by TiVo for exceeding 10 series recordings as they're gone forever if TiVo auto deletes.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi 2G, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy 

Glad to hear you've been able to recover the recordings. 

If you have any other issues then just let us know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ernie, 

If the TiVo® deletes the episodes in this manner then unless the Recently Deleted folder is already full. the episodes will still be recoverable Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

jimmyjeans
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I too have just lost recordings with a mere 39% of recording space used. The explanation I have been given by 150 is that the box deletes programmes when it is getting full. It does not use the recorded programmes figure as you may have assumed (I certainly did) but the recorded programmes figure plus the programmes due to be recorded in the next 2 weeks plus any programmes Tivo is likely to suggest!

On the assumption that this is correct, providing the percentage of recorded programmes is both useless and misleading! Happy to be contradicted if I have got this wrong.

The upshot is that the programmes are lost, and Virgin cannot/will not do anything about it.

0 Kudos
Agent_P
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Lost a load of content again - this must have been the 4th time it has happened.

What is really frustrating for me is that I ran series 1 TiVo for years, never had this issue and the only time it ever got shut off was during power cuts! The old one only used to look ahead 24hrs before deleting, so why the new one needs to look 2 weeks into the future I have no idea.

0 Kudos
jimmyjeans
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Indeed! And why does it prioritise a machine's suggestions over our own stated preferences. (I have now turned off the suggestions facility, partly because of this, and partly because I have never accepted any of them!

0 Kudos