Menu
bern
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

keeping TIVO recordings when moving London to Belfast

Dear all,

I am moving house in July from London to Belfast.

I am largely wondering if I can keep my TIVO box with all its recordings  - and how I would do this.

I've heard contradictory reports on whether this is possible. Do I need to keep my TIVO box and get an engineer to plug it in in Belfast ?

And does this depend on whether my new house has virgin already cables in ?? Does most of Belfast already have virgin (and how do I find out ? or should this be a separate question ?) 

many thanks in advance

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: keeping TIVO recordings when moving London to Belfast

You could check with your new post code as to whether or not Virgin is in the area your moving to https://www.cable.co.uk/guides/can-i-get-virgin-media/

As to keeping your old Tivo when you move, you could inquire by phoning 150 free phone, I would think that old

recordings could be kept and used in your new location.

0 Kudos
NPP
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If moving to a cabled area you can take your TiVo, and your recordings will mostly work.  But recordings from local London channels that are not available in Belfast will become unplayable.

The postcode checker on virginmedia.com will tell if cable is available at your new address.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You could check with your new post code as to whether or not Virgin is in the area your moving to https://www.cable.co.uk/guides/can-i-get-virgin-media/

As to keeping your old Tivo when you move, you could inquire by phoning 150 free phone, I would think that old

recordings could be kept and used in your new location.

0 Kudos
NPP
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If moving to a cabled area you can take your TiVo, and your recordings will mostly work.  But recordings from local London channels that are not available in Belfast will become unplayable.

The postcode checker on virginmedia.com will tell if cable is available at your new address.

0 Kudos
bern
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks, NPP

o gosh I hadn't thought of that - I thought recorded meant recorded !

I don't have recordings from London Live ! I hope recordings from BBC4 "England" don't count as London  (NI has BBC Northern Ireland) or ITV count as London (Northern Ireland has UTV)  - as you can imagine I have a lot of those

0 Kudos
bern
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks for that helpful link, buffer - I will phone 150 - I did ask in a virgin shop and they said it'd be a fresh installation with everything on tivo wiped Smiley Sad not sure who is most authorative and correct.
0 Kudos