Menu
Steve345
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

iplayer

why do I player continually buffer on your TiVo service is there something I can do to stop this happening as I feel we are paying for this service and we are not able to use the service 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: iplayer

Hi Steve345,

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry that you are having problems with the BBC iPlayer when using this on your TiVo®.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and run testing to your equipment. Can you please confirm that your TV equipment is powered on, as I'm unable to get any response on the tests.

Please let me know, so I can run the diagnostic tests and look into this problem for you.

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Mr_K
Well-informed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Its a long standing issue with Tivo, ever since VM introduced the box.  Usually down to network congestion in your area, although VM like to blame the BBC.

If you got Tivo on the basis of having reliable iplayer, look elsewhwere.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mr_K,

Thank you for your post on the Forum and the information you have provided.

I understand that we do have customers that have issues with the iPlayer app via the TiVo®, especially if they are experiencing service high demand in their area. We do not blame the BBC for this, and apologise for any inconvenience these issues may cause our customers. In these instances, our engineers will be working on resolving the area issue.

I'm happy to report that we also have customers that do not have issues with their BBC iPlayer app via the TiVo®, and use the service without fault.

In regards to the original post here, I'm seeing a problem with Steve345's equipment at the moment, so this may be beyond what you are advising, and requires further investigation to see if we can fix this issue.

If you are experiencing the same issue with your iPlayer app on your TiVo®, please let me know, and I can look into this for you. 

Regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Steve345
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello my TiVo box is now powered on if you can run your test please

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve345, 

Thanks for your post and for leaving the TiVo® box online for us to run through the checks. 

Things are looking good with regards to your box. All power levels are where they should be and i'm not seeing any little things could could cause this. 

Looking at the network segment, it looks as though there is a fault that's not yet been picked up. 

I've emailed our Networks team about this and raised this up. We should have a reference number for this shortly. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos