Menu
simpadrr
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

iplayer causing tivo box to crash

is anyone else having issues when trying to access iplayer where the tivo box simply crashes and reboots itself?

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
thenel
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: iplayer causing tivo box to crash

Yes I do, also issues with youtube.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi simpadrr,

Thanks for coming by.

I'm sorry to hear that your box is crashing when you access BBC iPlayer.  I would like to help get this checked out for you.

Will this happen on any other app you use via TiVo?  Or  is it just BBC iPlayer?

I have taken a look at your box remotely and signal wise all looks great.

Also, if you can please let me know if this happens every time you use BBC iPlayer or if it happens at certain times of the day, that would be great.

I look forward to hearing from you. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
simpadrr
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette - this problem seems to have resolved itself.  Thanks, Paul

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for keeping us updated. I've picked this up for Collette as she's not in today.

I'm really pleased to hear the problem has been resolved. I apologise once again for any inconvenience this has caused.

Please let me know if you get any further issues.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Pete43
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Oh yes indeed, many times and just now actually. Then it often needs several attempts to reboot. I also have a problem with the TiVo box grinding to a halt. It gets so unresponsive it can take over a minute to load the epg. Again a reboot clears the problem for a few days. There must be some software which does not get shut down and memory just gets eaten up. You really wouldn't think there was much complexity involved would you. 

I would try and report it again but what happens, given yet another box and because for some inexplicable reason there is no way to transfer the stored files from one machine to another you lose everything you have recorded. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pete43,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your TiVo®.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and run testing on your line to your equipment. The test results shows everything is spot on with your TiVo-signal levels are all good and there are no errors since your last reboot. 

I'd like to look into this further, but at the moment, your equipment is showing no issues and I've checked your local connection/service and everything is clear there as well. 

It sounds like when you are rebooting the TiVo, the issues clears, then eventually the service degrades. In order to identify what's causing the problem, we need for you to contact us when the problem is happening--and the best way to do that would be to call in to our Fault Department, as it could be a day before we can respond via the Forum. 

Just call Virgin Media on 150 (free from a Virgin landline/mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other line).

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos