Menu
clareh667
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

iplayer and TiVo

Hi I am unable to watch iplayer on my TiVo box due to terrible buffering. Can you help?

0 Kudos
clareh667
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: iplayer and TiVo

Netflix, 4od etc all work fine it's just iplayer. It's so unusable I have to go through my smart TV rather than use TiVo box

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: iplayer and TiVo

Hi clareh667,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that when using the BBC iPlayer you're experiencing buffering.  I will be happy to help check this out for you.

I have carried out some checks and have found there is some high demand occurring on the network you're connected to.  This will cause buffering that you are seeing on BBC iPlayer.  This will also affect other Apps on TiVo® and will mainly happen during peak times. 

Our engineers are already aware and are working to improve the network.  

The reference for this is: F003703664.  It can take some time to resolve these types of issues due to the nature of the high demand.  We're expecting a review by the 30th Sept 15.  

If the issue hasn't improved by then, feel free to give us a shout and request an update quoting the reference number given.

If you have any further queries, don't hesitate to get in touch.  We're here to help if you need us Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos