Menu
Phil29
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

installing a Tivo Box

I apparently need a Virgin engineer to install my Tivo box.  Does anyone know how much this would cost?

Need to decide if it is worth it.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: installing a Tivo Box

was there no cable supplied in the quick start box?, since that cable its normally very long.. and the cable used by virignmedia cant be bought in the shop, there is similar cables but using the wrong cable can cause a whole host of issues with signal imbalances etc. so best having a chat with customer services
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hiya @Phil29 for non faults would be £99 this includes all wiring etc.. but for TiVo install might be looking at £49 or something close to it, you could try and haggle with customer services via 150 / 0345 454 1111, how come you need a install tech since might be ways around this.
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The normal install charge is £50. This will be for box install, plus any wiring changes/signal rebalances.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Phil29
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I just need to run a cable about 15m from the fibre optic junction box to the actual TiVo box, but do not know what type of cable to use, where to get it.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

was there no cable supplied in the quick start box?, since that cable its normally very long.. and the cable used by virignmedia cant be bought in the shop, there is similar cables but using the wrong cable can cause a whole host of issues with signal imbalances etc. so best having a chat with customer services
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Phil29,

I've responded to a separate thread of yours relating to something similar.

I've located your account and I can see that a manned installation has yet to be arranged for you.

I've sent you a private message so that we can chat about this some more.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos