Menu
vadek
Rising star
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

iPlayer success!

After all the bad experience I've had with the BBC iPlayer app in the past, I have to give kudos to the TiVo iPlayer app for behaving faultlessly for the whole of Beck on BBC4. My recording from Saturday night had faulty sound throughout the programme so I had to watch it on iPlayer instead. And it worked! Even though I was watching in the evening!

So congrats on finally getting iPlayer to work properly. It only took a few years. Smiley Wink

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPlayer success!

vadek wrote:

After all the bad experience I've had with the BBC iPlayer app in the past, I have to give kudos to the TiVo iPlayer app for behaving faultlessly for the whole of Beck on BBC4. My recording from Saturday night had faulty sound throughout the programme so I had to watch it on iPlayer instead. And it worked! Even though I was watching in the evening!

So congrats on finally getting iPlayer to work properly. It only took a few years. Smiley Wink

Ours too. It sounded like the sound balance was completely out where the background noises were drowning the dialogue. This was obvious in quieter scenes where there was dialogue only.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
vadek
Rising star
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPlayer success!

Re Beck - my theory is that they were broadcasting the two rear channels as the only stereo channels instead of the full surround.

0 Kudos