Menu
carlgoss
Up to speed
Message 1 of 331
Flag for a moderator

iPlayer problems continue

We continue to have buffering and ring of death problems with iPlayer on Tivo. The picture and sound stutters, then completely freezes, normally a minute or so after starting playing and particularly when playing HD, although SD is also affected. We then transfer to iPlayer through our bluray which works without fault.

V6
200 Mbps
Message 2 of 331
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPlayer problems continue

hello carlgoss, 

sorry to hear about your issues with the Iplayer service, I have been trying to locate your account, but have failed, would it be possible for you to PM me with one of the following so that I can run some testing to see if there is anything that may be affecting you on an individual level.

Home phone number

home postcode and house number 

virgin media email address

thank you

Huw 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Corper
Tuning in
Message 3 of 331
Flag for a moderator

Yep, also have had nothinig but issues with iplayer on my TIVO box. Iplayer works perfectly on every other device I have. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 331
Flag for a moderator

Hello Corper, 

Please check your personal messages

Thanks

Huw 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 331
Flag for a moderator

I hardly ever use catch up as try to record everything as just can not count on catch up.

Well had to use Iplayer for both The Voice programs last week and both were unplayable for HD and stumbled through on SD.

I know I keep hearing it's not our fault as the BBC control it etc but it's not a service I use due to these common failings.
0 Kudos
nigelr
Up to speed
Message 6 of 331
Flag for a moderator

Yep, agreed, tried to watch Case Histories in HD last night on iplayer and had to drop it down to SD as the former kept stuttering and breaking up.  I generally try to avoid catch-up on tivo but sadly the recording cancelled due to me running out of tuners on this occasion.

Virgin:

waste of time having a dedicated 10 down tivo internet connection when it can't even sustain an HD stream for more than 10 minutes.  Add this to the useless interactive red button service which jumps all over the place and it begins to look rather amateurish on your part!

Nigel

Message 7 of 331
Flag for a moderator

Hello all, 

Just to let you know that a fault with BBC iplayer has been raised to our networks department who are working with the BBC to find a solution - the reference for this is F002493651

Thanks

Huw

0 Kudos
nigelr
Up to speed
Message 8 of 331
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Huw
0 Kudos
KeyserSoze
Well-informed
Message 9 of 331
Flag for a moderator

Huw_B wrote:

Hello all, 

Just to let you know that a fault with BBC iplayer has been raised to our networks department who are working with the BBC to find a solution - the reference for this is F002493651

Thanks

Huw

Isn't that reference the reference number for the iPlayer subtitle issue?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ “I work for Virgin but any posts that I make here are solely my personal views and do not necessarily represent the views, strategies or opinions of Virgin Media.”
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 331
Flag for a moderator

Hi KeyserSoze,

''Isn't that reference the reference number for the iPlayer subtitle issue?''

The reference F002493651 has been included along with the known issue we have presented to the BBC. When we have more information we will update.

Many thanks

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos