Menu
Argy
Rising star
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

iPlayer in HD buffers/freezes via Tivo - fine via TV or Chromecast

Hi

I know this is a regular item on here, but can the VM staff  help please?

The iPlayer app via the Tivo often stutters/hangs (even frozen completely on one occasion) whenever I try to view HD programmes (and occasionally SD as well).

I have no issues when using a PC, iPad, iPlayer on the TV or Chromecast - so it is not an issue with the BBC servers, but it must be an issue with either the signal level and/or the Tivo.

Can one of the mods on here check out my Tivo and see if it all looks healthy from their point of view?  If it is, I know it is the same fault that many people have and will resign myself to using the TV app instead.

However, if there is a fault with the Tivo, I would like it investigated and fixing (although I would need to clear out some programmes if the Tivo itself is faulty!)

Thx

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPlayer in HD buffers/freezes via Tivo - fine via TV or Chromecast

Hi Argy

I'm really sorry to learn about the trouble you're experiencing with your TiVo box lately.

I've been able to run some tests on the set top box from our end and I can see work is being carried out for high demand in your local area (reference F003754703). 

The review date for this work has been set as 2nd September so I'd expect to receive more information about this around then, if you want us to take a look at the ticket at any time just respond back here.

Sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing, we want to get this sorted as soon as possible.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPlayer in HD buffers/freezes via Tivo - fine via TV or Chromecast

Thanks Craig, I'll check back again in September

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos