Menu
Russthehead
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

iPlayer catch-up

iPlayer is unwatchable due to buffering so that I have to resort to my laptop. Is there a solution?   As almost everything I watch is BBC, this virtually renders Tivo pointless.

0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPlayer catch-up

I am not experiencing problems with. Iplayer so it doesn't appear to be a nationwide fault. Perhaps best to telephone Virgin Media to have your signal levels checked.
0 Kudos
Russthehead
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

iPlayer

As reading conversations in forums clarifies to me that the super-high-tech iPlayer on Tivo is utterly useless and I am just one of a huge number of people exasperated by its inability to function correctly thereby causing me to resort to accessing iPlayer on my PC rather than through Tivo, can you please please please notify us as soon as possible of your plans for scrapping the current delivery system and rolling out a simpler version that actually provides the benefit of working. Yours sincerely disappointed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPlayer

Hi Russthehead, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue using the BBC iPlayer on your TiVo®. 

I've gone in to your account to check the stats on your box to see if there is anything affecting you. Whilst all your signal levels looks good, there is quite a high number of timeouts on your box. 

As your box has been online for quite some time can you perform the following for me:

Home > Thumbs down > Thumbs up > Play > Play > Play. You'll hear a 'ping' noise and the screen will go blank.

When the screen comes back on, turn the power off to the TiVo® at the mains. Leave off for around 5 minutes and then turn back on. 

This will not only speed the TiVo® up, it will give it a refresh and clear the timeout logs. We can look at this again then and if the timeouts are high within a few days, we'll have to look at getting an engineer out. 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos