Menu
julesjackson
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

iPlayer and OnDemand services painfully slow

iPlayer & OnDemand services are so slow, taking minutes to load.  I have lived with this for months but tonight it was highlighted just how bad by using 'red button' to continue watching the hockey, when BBC4 switch to a different event.  The match clock was on +11 minutes left when I pressed the red button and it was on +7 minutes when the hockey finally loaded.  4 minutes to load is totally unacceptable, especially when other devices load almost instantly.

I appreciate there may be a higher demand during the Olympics but as I said this has been going on for months if not years!  Given how much Virgin Media costs, it should be fit for purpose.

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPlayer & OnDemand services painfully slow

Hi julesjackson, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It;s great having you here even if the experience has been less than perfect so far. 

Apologies to hear you are having an issue with your On Demand service and the apps on the TiVo®. 

Taking a look in to the account, your power levels seem to be way off. We will need to get an engineer out to take a look at this for you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos