Menu
Jimmyharris80
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

iPlayer/Netflix constantly Buffering - Unwatchable

Hi,

Put this in another post but it's gone unnoticed for a couple of days...

Watching through TiVo, iPlayer is buffering every few seconds and unwatchable, same issue with netflix, either terribly pixelated or constantly buffering. I've had this issue for weeks now.

No faults registered as far as I can see, please can you look into this?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPlayer/Netflix constantly Buffering - Unwatchable

Hi Jimmyharris80,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear you're experiencing buffering on BBC iPlayer and Netflix.

I've managed to locate your account to run some tests. I'm seeing a high demand for our service in your area. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to support this increase. This is being investigated under fault reference F003507140. The next review date has been set for 14th October 2015.

I've notified our networks team to see if any changes can be made in the meantime to help your TiVo® service. I'm currently waiting for a reply from them. Once I get this I'll happily respond with an update.

I apologise wholeheartedly once again for the inconvenience caused. Please feel free to bump the thread after the review date for more information. 

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jimmyharris80,

Sorry for the double post but I've heard back from the networks team very quickly.

They've said the TiVo® services can't be changed or modified in any way to help this scenario so the information provided above is correct.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Jimmyharris80
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

So a bit more investigation reveals that this fault has been open since Feb 2015, possibly earlier, I'm not holding out much hope that it will be resolved anytime soon.

Seeing as a large proportion of our TV watching is Netflix or OD and our broadband is also impacted what can be done to mitigate the fact that the service we're receiving is below what was advertised and what we're paying for?
0 Kudos
Jimmyharris80
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Bump...

Another night, another night Netflix is unwatchable, what are you doing to fix this issue?
0 Kudos
BexTech
Superfast
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Jimmyharris80 wrote:
Bump...

Another night, another night Netflix is unwatchable, what are you doing to fix this issue?

They have your money, they don't care!

Fob customers off and still take more on, in problem areas.

I use a Roku box for watching Netflix as via TiVo is a right PITA.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jimmyharris80,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I have taken a look into this for you and I can see our engineers are working to improve the network to be rid of the high demand issues.

As this is being caused by high demand on the network (Mostly at peak times) we will need to make significant improvements to alleviate this.  It can take a while for this to be completed, I understand this isn't ideal in the meantime.  

I'm sorry we're unable to make any further improvements until then.

If the issue has not improved by the next review date, please don't hesitate to get back in touch and request an update from us.  We'll be happy to have a look for you.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos