Menu
LesP2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

i-player buffering

Despite a previous call to VM Support, I've also suffered to similar buffering problems on i-player to others here. So far, I've suffered in silence. But it is deeply, deeply, frustrating. I'd like any checks to be done that could get to the bottom of this.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: i-player buffering

Hi LesP2,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community on this, welcome in! Smiley Happy

I am sorry to read that there have been some iPlayer issues in the home. I have been able to identify that there's an SNR outage, (Signal to Noise Ratio), that would be affecting your services in this way and that our engineers are already working hard to resolve the issue.

I have included the details of the issue below:-

Outage reference: F004658857

Estimated review date: 24/08/16

Please stay in touch and let us know how the service are running tomorrow evening.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
LesP2
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ben,

sorry for the slow response. My wife uses the service more than I do. But as she hasn't moaned at me about it in the last few days, perhaps that's a sign that there has been an improvement. I'll monitor myself through the weekend and let you know.

I thought perhaps the VM engineers might have been making an adjustment at around 10pm last night (Thursday) as the TIVO box suddenly shut itself down and re-started without me touching it. Could the two things be connected?

Thanks.

Les

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi LesP2,

Thanks for coming back to us on this Smiley Happy

I've taken a look at the account and all looks to be good in terms of the fault. It certainly closed on the date given by Ben so that's great. 

The box stats themselves, are not so good. There is an issue with your downstream power levels on the TiVo®. Your input levels could also do with some adjusting. 

We'll need to get an engineer out to you to resolve this. I have sent you a private message to arrange a suitable time.  Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos