Menu
dannyc1711
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

how to transfer recordings

hi, im receiving a new box from virgin due to changing account details, so how can i transfer the recordings from my current tivo box to my new one so i dont lose them all

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: how to transfer recordings

You can't - you will lose your recordings.

0 Kudos
dannyc1711
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

oh man that really sucks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dannyc1711

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing recently.

As Ernie has mentioned, you can't transfer your recorded content but you can transfer your settings to save you setting it up again. You can find out more about this by clicking [this link]

We'd love to hear how the box change goes.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
blanik
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just had a Tivo replaced with a V6 today and tried to copy my series links across as per the link, I've done this before from Tivo to Tivo.

Unfortunately I can't see the old box in my Tivo Boxes despite the link saying I had 14 days to do this. Is there any way to reinstate the old box - I have the serial number.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Try going directly to http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
AWC1950
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I had an email from Virgin yesterday offering a new V6 box. I went on Live Chat and asked for reassurance that what I had recorded on my Tivo box could be transferred to the V6 box. I was told that it could be, once the V6 had been installed, by calling 150, option 1, and asking to speak to the V6 team. Happy with that assurance I ordered the V6, as did my brother after I'd passed on the advice to him.

Then today my brother sent me a link to this thread. After reading it I rang 150, went through the options and was told by someone on the V6 team that the recordings cannot be transferred BUT that they can arrange for me to view them. How that could be done wasn't explained, but I imagine it would again involve frustrating 'phone calls to someone whose first language isn't English, speaking at 100 miles an hour. She also said that the V6 "works through the internet" so does that mean that if my broadband service fails (as it did yesterday morning for 2 hours), I can't get any service through the V6?

Based on this experience, I'll be cancelling the V6 order. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi AWC1950, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you have been mis-advised on this. 

Any recordings made on your TIVo® box can only be watched on the TiVo®. Even switching to another TiVo® the recordings would still be lost. 

The only thing you can transfer is your Series Link, Wish list and Thumb settings. You can do this here: Copy Virgin TV settings from one box to another

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos