Menu
JeffAstle
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

how do you cure a very slow tivo box?

My 2 year old Tivo box is slow without any games or apps, i.e. just TV functions. It used to be fast, but after an upgrade the box seemed to slow down.  It is now so slow that going into the kitchen to put the kettle on sometimes finds it still thinking about what to do next.  You have to really want to watch something of the disc to be bothered to wait.  I always keep by disc less than 25% loaded.  Not quite unusable but I will not be renewing my contract unless it improves.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: how do you cure a very slow tivo box?

Have you tried a reboot of the TiVo?

0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If a reboot doesn't help, then your box is obviously faulty as since the most recent upgrade mine is much faster.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have you tried a reboot of the TiVo?

0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If a reboot doesn't help, then your box is obviously faulty as since the most recent upgrade mine is much faster.
0 Kudos
JeffAstle
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your suggestions.  I didn't wan to reboot as I assume I'd loose all my recordings and future pre-planned recordings - I'm a rugby fan and the world cup is on.  So I decided before taking this step to just switch off at the mains.  Bingo, my "old" Tivo is back, a remarkable transformantion.  Looks like the IT Crowd are right!   Cheers  Colin

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good news. A Reset the f TiVo from the menu system would have done the same as your power cycle.

A simple Reset preserves all your TiVo recordings, etc. But there are other options that delete stuff on the same menu.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi JeffAstle,

Thanks for coming by.

I'm sorry that you had this slow disruption with your TV service.  I'm glad the community were able to help you out and get things sorted for you Smiley Happy

I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today?  Should you need us for anything else in the future, you know how to find us Smiley Happy

All the best.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos