Menu
royster1889
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hi im new here.. couple of issues

Yes I'm a noob. Could any of you guys help us out... I'm completely new to virgin enticed by the huge speeds etc. However I'm nowhere here 125 mb I'm at 20 at the very most ??? I do know it can be affected by other things but seriously I got that speed with my old sky package. Also why does the youtube app work so slow? always jumping (buffering) impossible to watch, its quite poor really... Sorry if this has all been asked before many thanks for any help or suggestions
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: hi im new here.. couple of issues

It's a new version of the YouTube app and it seems as if there is a nationwide problem with a buffering/stuttering picture.
0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I've just telephoned Virgin Media and they are aware of the fact that the YouTube app is unwatchable. There is a 'fix' date for the 7th August but this is only an estimated time and can (quite often) be pushed back to a later date.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi royster1889,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your Broadband and YouTube App isn't up to speed at the moment.  

Regarding the YouTube App we are working on this to get a solution to fix the stuttering.  We are working on this Smiley Happy  

Your TiVo® box has a dedicated modem so it is separate to the Broadband and doesn't require a direct connection to the Superhub.  If you'd also like some further assistance with your Broadband speeds then drop a line to our Broadband team here.  Our team there can take a look and see how things can be improved with the Broadband speeds.

Please do let us know how you get on, we're here to help anytime you need us. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How are you connecting? wired or wireless

The only true test of your speed is with a wired connection and even then you have to have a 1 gig Ethernet card to get over 100 meg

0 Kudos
royster1889
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've tried both wired and wireless there isn't that much of a difference here. Tbh I can handle the speed disappointed a little but its not really that much of a problem. The youtube app through the tivo is what id really like help on so much buffering or whatever it is, feels like I'm on dial up. Is there anything I can do with that. I've even tried plugging in the cable from router into the back of tivo box to see if that makes a difference but no.
0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's a new version of the YouTube app and it seems as if there is a nationwide problem with a buffering/stuttering picture.
0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I've just telephoned Virgin Media and they are aware of the fact that the YouTube app is unwatchable. There is a 'fix' date for the 7th August but this is only an estimated time and can (quite often) be pushed back to a later date.
0 Kudos
royster1889
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks guys
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi royster1889,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your Broadband and YouTube App isn't up to speed at the moment.  

Regarding the YouTube App we are working on this to get a solution to fix the stuttering.  We are working on this Smiley Happy  

Your TiVo® box has a dedicated modem so it is separate to the Broadband and doesn't require a direct connection to the Superhub.  If you'd also like some further assistance with your Broadband speeds then drop a line to our Broadband team here.  Our team there can take a look and see how things can be improved with the Broadband speeds.

Please do let us know how you get on, we're here to help anytime you need us. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos