Menu
angelahulbert
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hdmi lead

Why would my hdmi connection stop working on my tivo but the scart is ok? ? I have tried 2 hdmi leads and neither work
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: hdmi lead

Hi there angelahulbert, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and may I say I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues viewing the TiVo®, this could be down to a faulty HDMI port on the back of the TiVo®, in which case we'd need to wait for the technician to call out and take a little look at things. However on your other post, you did mention that you can see some of the menus etc, which is quite strange. 

One thing I can think of is the video output of the TiVo® may need tweaking a little. In order to do this, can you follow these steps on your TiVo® remote:

HOME > HELP AND SETTINGS> SETTINGS> VIDEO OUTPUT> VIDEO OUTPUT FORMAT

From here if you go to Test formats, the TiVo® will give you a few prompts to follow, go through all of these and the TiVo® should highlight all the formats that your TV supports. 

This may well help you out, let me know if it does. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
angelahulbert
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi huw

Thanks for that but I have put the scart in as I have to wait until Saturday for an engineer! !!! Would this advice help without the hdmi plugged in

Thanks

Angela x
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Angela, 

The advice I gave will only affect the HDMI side of things, you would need a HDMI lead plugged in at the time, as when the TiVo® is testing the different resolutions, it asks you to press a button if you see the screen.

I'm not promising that this will fix the issue you are getting through HDMI, it's just a suggestion which could fix the issue, and in which case if it works, would mean you don't need to wait in for a technician. 

Should you try this and it fixes the problem, please let me know so that I can cancel the appointment you have which will free up the technician for another customer. 

Cheers.

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
angelahulbert
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately didn't work but thank you
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HDCP (Content Protection) issues with the TV/TiVO handshake can cause pictures not to be displayed via HDMI, but will leave menus unaffected.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos