Menu
kr1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

have been using netflix for about a month. Why does it take nearly two minutes to load

I have been using netflix for about a month now. why does it take nearly 4 minutes to load befor I can choose a film. Other problem with tivo box are that when paused for a short time (2 mins) then watch the programme jumps forward to real time.not sure if related.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: have been using netflix for about a month. Why does it take nearly two minutes to load

Hi kr1,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that Netflix is running on the slow side when loading and also for the pause function not working correctly.  I'll be happy to help check this out with you.

Regarding Netflix, I have carried out some checks from here, Network wise all looks grand from here.  I can see an issue with the signal that will be slowing things down with the Apps.  Can you please power off the box and back on again to refresh things?  Once this has done, retest and let me know if this has improved things for you.

If not, then the next step will be to arrange for an engineer for you.

In relation to when you pause a programme, is this on recordings, On Demand or via Apps like Netflix/BBC iPlayer?  Let me know and I can help further with this.

I look forward to hearing from you. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
kr1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: have been using netflix for about a month. Why does it take nearly two minutes to load

Hi thanks for reply. Have reset box a few times but netflix still takes a long time to load. Also when watching netflix it often cuts out film and says there is a server problem please try later. Had this quit a few times.
Regarding pause jump. It happens on all channels like itv 1 2 3 4 5 and bbc channels. Example is say you were watching a drama on itv. Pause the program to say make a cup of tea. Come back to carry on watching from where you paused. But after about 2 mins it would jump to present time.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi kr1,

Thank you for your reply Smiley Happy

In relation to the issue with Netflix, I will arrange for an engineer to call out and get this signal issue fixed for you.

I will send you details in a private message (Look for the envelope icon above)

I will also include details relating to the pause function not working correctly also. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos