Menu
Ozz1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hard drive failing,how do i get recordings off tivo box

Hi,

Virgin did a remote check today and said my Tivo hard drive is failing.

I have recordings that I want to keep so my question is how can I transfer onto new Tivo or back up to either Cloud or pc ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: hard drive failing,how do i get recordings off tivo box

There is only one way to copy recordings from TiVO, via the Scart socket to a VCR or DVD recorder, or to a PC with an analogue video capture card in real time. Encryption will prevent any other type of recording or transfer.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Ozz1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

wow come on virgin that is ridiculous,it would take hours ,its recorded onto a hard drive digitally so why cant they back up the drive or transfer your recordings on to New replacement TiVo ?

0 Kudos
majikthiseuk
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You would be able to backup some of your shows if the Virgin TiVo worked with TiVo Desktop the TiVo software designed to do just that but they don't it's disabled just like User Apps and DNLA streaming.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ozz1 wrote:

wow come on virgin that is ridiculous,it would take hours ,its recorded onto a hard drive digitally so why cant they back up the drive or transfer your recordings on to New replacement TiVo ?

Virgin's agreement with the broadcasters allows for temporary recordings to be made for timeshifting purposes only. Its the copyright holders stopping you from transferring, not Virgin. With Scart sockets now being removed from most new equipment, even this option will soon be unavailable.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos