Menu
simon_7481
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

green screen of death 3 time in a week HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!

i have had a problem with the green screen of death 3 times within a week. thats 3 Engineers out and i still can't get the problems solved. whats going on cos its starting to upset me now. i am not sure what i am doing wrong as its been plugged in like it always since i got the thing. i am wonding if a hdmi switch might be at fault here but i am not sure it is. please help i can't have this happen anymore  

0 Kudos
JKDerry
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: green screen of death 3 time in a week HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!

I feel your pain, it must be horrible. I know this might sound harsh, but why pay for a service you are not getting and after 3 engineer visits I suggest you leave Virgin Media. 

Try and get satellite if you can. The problem is people are afraid to leave a service once they are hooked up. I have had my issues with Virgin Media Tivo, but never as bad as yours, so if you can, leave their service. 

Move to Sky, or if you do not want to pay bills Freesat/Freeview is best. It is a hard decision I know, but why put yourself through more torment and suffering? 

If you are prepared to give Virgin one more chance, then go for it, if it were me, I would have left by now. 

Good Luck.

0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mmm...SKY,...their constant faults are so much more tolerable!
0 Kudos
JKDerry
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I had Sky from 2005-2012 and not one fault. So Sky seems good to me. I knew I get criticised some way. 

0 Kudos
simon_7481
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i know what the problem was, DON'T EVER USE A HDMI SWITCH!!! esp with a tivo box... it was sending a power surge to the box or something and that blowing the hard drive. took me ages to work it out ...virgin have been amazing trying to sort this for me. they told me the someone near me also was having the same problem and he had a switch on his. so i am sure that's what it was. my fault not virgins but then i didn't know about it so fair play 

0 Kudos