Menu
kittycas12
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

getting tivo

Hi everyone I'm getting TiVo next MTh they are sending a new router hub 3

Now my main concern is the router is in my back room and has been for several years

I had to get a Zyxel WRE 2205 wireless range extender N300 to place in my living room as I could not get Wi-Fi it  also a Ethernet port  I'm self installing the new equipment my self ,and as a woman need a little help can I hook the TiVo into this please. Thanks for any help you give

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: getting tivo

You have to have a Virgin cable in the room where the tivo is going, if you don't have this you can't do a self install 

0 Kudos
kittycas12
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have a virgin  hd box in room and there a cable think they call in coxil that plugs into your device

is this what you mean please.

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

kittycas12 wrote:

I have a virgin  hd box in room and there a cable think they call in coxil that plugs into your device

is this what you mean please.

in that case it should be as easy as swapping whatever your current hub is for the SH3 and your V HD box for the TiVo - ensure you swap the power supplies on each device as well.

follow the activation steps for the TiVo step by step and you should be fine, hopefully your SH3 will drop straight in.

get on the phone to CS if you run into any trouble, they're there to help.

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hi kittycas 12 tivo box with self install comes equipped with cable input a white cable lead which slots in back of box with cable lead im not sure about the rest your getting is it bband for computer jonni
0 Kudos
kittycas12
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have just taken a look at my cables, inside my front door I have a box one cable go down to a splitter then there two more cables they are under my flooring. One go to the router in my back room the other go to front room and that go into V HD Box so will this be ok for the TiVo and the hub 3 with vivid 100 

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

kittycas12 wrote:

I have just taken a look at my cables, inside my front door I have a box one cable go down to a splitter then there two more cables they are under my flooring. One go to the router in my back room the other go to front room and that go into V HD Box so will this be ok for the TiVo and the hub 3 with vivid 100 

remove coax cables from existing tv box and hub and use them for the new kit.

0 Kudos