Menu
whereslarry
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

getting remote to control tv volume

Hi, I am trying to set up my TiVo remote to control the volume on the tv, but I can't get it to work. I followed the instructions in the article but no luck. I am using a Seiki 32" LED if that helps. Thanks
0 Kudos
Madcatlady
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: getting remote to control tv volume

Not that I've succeeded myself, but have you tried the search all method. There seems to be two extra ones.https://support.tivo.com/articles/Installation_Setup_Configuration/Remote-Control-Programming-Codes
0 Kudos
whereslarry
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It still won't work, but thanks for your help
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi whereslarry,

Sorry about the problem with getting the TiVo remote to work the volume on your Seiki television. I'd like to welcome you to the Community Forum and have a look into this further for you. 

I can see that you've had great advice from Madcatlady; sorry that this hasn't helped either. Have you tried the code 0010 (instead of 0999) with those TiVo remote instructions? 

We have a previous post where a customer was able to get an LG code to work with his Seiki TV--you could try that: 0107. Here the full post if you would like to have a look as there are quite a few codes here: Seiki Remote Code query

For a fully comprehensive Remote Control Code list, please see TiVo Code List.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
whereslarry
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Still can't get any codes to work, and the full list doesn't have any codes for seiki
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi whereslarry,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that none of the codes have worked for you.  It is most likely because we don't have the correct code listed for you make/model of TV.  New codes come out frequently and whilst we try to keep an up to date list it's not always possible with the mane brands and models out there. 

Your best best is to contact the customer service support of Seiki and they will be able to find the correct code for you to get the volume control to work.

Let me know how you get on.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Muzz
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I must have tried over 50 times to customise my TiVo remote  to operate my TV volume, but it still doesn't work .... I've read the instruction book, the advice online, the YouTube clip on the Virgin site & tried it all, but it still doesn't work. I have to use my TV remote to operate the volume...

It's Samsung TV, which I only got this year & a brand new TiVo box which arrived a few days ago.  Is there ever going to be a solution?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Muzz

Sorry to learn about the problems with programming your remote to operate the volume on the TV. I've dealt with an issue similar to this previously with a Samsung TV where updating the firmware resolved it?

Are you able to check if the firmware you're using is the most up to date?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos