Menu
lionman11
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

general issues

I don't really come on here but I've tried 150 and Twitter with no help so now I'm here where apparently the "virgin experts" live.. let's be clear there's a million and 1 issues with the hole setup (this number increases after every update) so I'm going to tell you some of mine, take note virgin media because these WILL BE THE REASONS I SWITCH BACK TO SKY...

Firstly, to me it's all messy ex. "The last leg" starts again this week and tivo has remember that I watch it NICE WORK! However in my recordings it's trying to record it on CH4, CH4+1, CH4HD & CH4AD!!! WHY WHY WHY???

The "HD recordings" folder. WHAT'S THE POINT??? if I've recorded 3 things and 2 are HD, why when I go to "my shows" do I need.
programme 1
programme 2
Programme 3
HD recordings 2 ?????
I know they are I SET THEM!! and now I can't get rid of this folder because you obviously think it's very useful to me. So tell me why I need this?

All your thumbs up thumbs down, suggestions etc.. your boxes try to be to smart and are simply NOT up to the job. I've never used this, does anyone?

Iplayer, Netflix etc.. I'll keep it short, do you think the load up time is exceptable? Ps the current year is 2016.

Now for the killer punch, which is not helped by some of the above..

Wow your system is SLOW SLOW SLOW!!
I press recored on tv guide, literally 20 seconds, circle spins round then it's done,

At times you press my shows and it can take 20 plus seconds to actually get there.

So what I'm saying really is its all crazy slow for 2016, you need to cut back on all the bs and tryin to be too clever, get rid of most of the other pointless stuff and make it all cleaner and faster, I come to you from sky Purley cos of price (mainly due to BT sports) but the 2 setups don't even company and now my price as gone up by almost 30 quid I'm close to looking back towards sky.

Please take note, !!!!

Virgin customer
3 tivos
full phone
Internet
Cost £150ish

Helpful Answers
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: general issues

Mine was fine for a few days then it gradually went downhill. Awful now. Takes forever to do anything. 😢

0 Kudos

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You have new software (yes I know they didn't tell you) so

1) look at the post at the top if the board http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Slow-TiVo/td-p/3195456 re slowness

2) the series link is now series link + so you'll need to adjust the settings accordingly. My shows-manage series link+ then choose the programme. Then series link modify. TiVo should only record one of the same episode -in theory

3)agree re HD folder but some peeps no doubt find it helpful 

4)suggestions again some people like it. I don't and have turned it off 

btw this is primarily a user forum to help other uses.rs It is policed by virgin but don't expect them to take any notice! 

0 Kudos
isaachunt01
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Same problems here, drives me nuts, came in tonight and have the 'To be Announced' on every single channel.
My sister has Sky Q and it wipes the floor with this Tivo junk.

Would i be within my rights not to pay my bill as the service is failing to deliver what it states?
lionman11
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I feel your pain cos it really winds me up, mainly because it's stupid stuff but no one does anything. 150 just agreed with me but did nothing, twitter told me to post on here and although I appreciate helpful replies of you and other virgin customers.. I was told the virgin super tech support team would be replying to me. But it's OK cos I WILL GO BACK TO SKY
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you've had your price increase letter you have (I think ) 14 to cancel with penalty. 

0 Kudos
lionman11
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm out of contract so I can leave when ever
0 Kudos
isaachunt01
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

PRICE INCREASE??? Not had any letters about any increase, I seem to remember it went up a fiver earlier this year though.
lionman11
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've not had one either.

That will definitely push me over the edge

Bye bye virgin

Ps you don't care anyway
jamesofmerton
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

strangely our tvo box is fine. before and after the update (which happened whilst i was watching something), it runs as fast as it always has. is it really peoples tvos or the area maybe. 

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Mine was fine for a few days then it gradually went downhill. Awful now. Takes forever to do anything. 😢

0 Kudos