Menu
johnnyboy2
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

freezing tivo box watching recorded programmes

My virgin Tivo box is freezing whilst watching recorded programmes. It doesn't do it every time but its enough to be annoying and it seems to be getting worse. I have checked all the connections and they seem ok and I ran the test on the box on here and it said all was ok.  I have rebooted the box and it seemed to help initially but back to freezing again now. I have no problems watching 'live' tv. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: freezing tivo box watching recorded programmes

Yep. Afraid you're hard drive is dying. Phone it in. You'll need a new box. 

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

johnnyboy2 wrote:

My virgin Tivo box is freezing whilst watching recorded programmes. It doesn't do it every time but its enough to be annoying and it seems to be getting worse. I have checked all the connections and they seem ok and I ran the test on the box on here and it said all was ok.  I have rebooted the box and it seemed to help initially but back to freezing again now. I have no problems watching 'live' tv. Any ideas?

Can you be more specific? There is an issue that some of us, customers, have discovered recently and we are trying to find out how many others have the same problem?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi johnnyboy2,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you here in the Community. 

Apologies to hear that you are having an issue with your TiVo® service. I have gone in to the account to check things and Parrotperson is spot on here. 

It looks as though your hard drive has failed. We will need to arrange for an engineer to come out and get things sorted for you. I have sent you a private message to arrange a suitable time slot for a visit. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Lloydee
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is it just HD recordings? 

I have an issue with Hd recordings stuttering but if you stop and then resume its fine which would indicate the recording and drive are ok. Only started after recent TiVo update

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Lloydee wrote:

Is it just HD recordings? 

I have an issue with Hd recordings stuttering but if you stop and then resume its fine which would indicate the recording and drive are ok. Only started after recent TiVo update

Check http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Pixellation-on-HD-Tivo-box/m-p/3193516... as you seem to have the same problem as we do.

VM know exactly what the problem is but refuse to provide any info on it or what they intend to do about it. I don't think that it is connected with the recent update as it just seems to hit customers out of the blue. My problems started in May. HD/SD, recordings, delayed TV but OK on live TV. Have also seen a glitch on Tivo Netflix at the expected time.

Does your problem have a pattern, e.g does it generally seem to happen at the same time past the hour?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos