Menu
cazzakel
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

error preparing channels

Since yesterday we have had no live tivo and no broadband. Monday night was fine. My husband has spoken to the call centre twice who are sending out an engineer. This isn't til Tuesday as we both work in the day!!! However, we are not conviced it is a problem with our Tivo box. There has been issues with service in the area (my husband checked online, the customer sevice agent did not mention this) but this has apparently been fixed. We stoll have no live tv or broadband. We have the same 25% preparing channel information screen. It is not changing and appears stuck. The cables and connections are all fine..Nothing has been moved or altered..The modem has green flashing light double arrows. There is a green flashing light on Tivo box. If it is a cable problem, can someone come out and check the outside without us having to be in? No sign of damage outside to the cable leading into the house. Please help! This will be a week on Tuesday with none of my progs being recorded. If it is not fixed we wil have to cancel and go with sky.
0 Kudos
cazzakel
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: error preparing channels

The Tivo has been turned on and off a number of times. The landline phone is working. There has been no help with regards to checking the area faults or checking if maintainance has been carried out or if others have this problem in the area
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi cazzakel,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your TV and Broadband services haven't been working.  I'd love to know how it all goes after the engineer visit so please keep me posted on how you get on.

If the green light on the TiVo® is flashing still then there will be no On Demand or App's working due to this.  I'm confident our engineer will be able to fix all this for you.  

I'm here to help so keep me posted.

Collette. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

cazzakel
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Colette
We had the engineer out about 3 weeks ago now. They said the cable had been disconnected /pulled out from the outside exchange box thing (excuse my terms!). This was put back and still didnt work. They then replaced the cable. My husband had to take time off work. This took 2 different technicians, about 3 hours, and resulted in a paving stone outside my house being split in two. Virgin seemed to be working and the broadband. I have been away for a week now and have come back to more problems.
My husband does not watch much tv or recorded shows so i do not know how long it hasnt been working properly but now we have a c130 message. Aflashing second green button (again). No on demand. This does not bother me so can put up with that but the live tv and many of my recordings in the past week have pixelation/ stuttering images and audio so you miss entire conversations etc on tv. My husband has had enough after all the phone calls last time when he said it was a problem with the cable and was ignored. Someone could have been sent out whilst we were in work to at least asses the cable. He is threatening to leave and go to sky. He refuses to take more time off so i am left with sorting this out. I cannot take time of either or feel comfortable in the house on my own with a stranger visiting. I just need someone to tell me the problem and run some tests. I have not got the time or willing after the last time to phone up to be fobbed off for a week (after listening to my husband on the phone who is a lot more technology minded i havr no chance) or have engineers come out. My husband is very techie so it will not be a fault on our behalf or loose wires or connections . I do not want to lose my programmes i have recorded either just want the picture to return to normal. Please help or i wil be cut off!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi cazzakel,

Thanks for the update and I'm very sorry to hear this is still not resolved yet and for the ongoing disruption this is causing.

I would like to check this further for you, currently when I connect to the box remotely it is showing 'offline'.  This may be due to the fault but I want to check first, can you please confirm if the box was powered on or off at the time of this post?

If it was turned off, can you please turn it back on and I can check the box remotely and see what's been going on.  I suspect a further engineer visit is required however I'd like to have a look at things remotely first if that's ok?

Keep me posted, I'm keen to help get this fixed for you.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
cazzakel
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello
I have not turned the tivo off since the last message. It is only turned off by thr handset but not the switch..I am still getting the c130 problem. I have now noticed i cannot use the explore my show facility and this is now a problem as i am trying to look at a show for other viewings. I really dont want to lose the programmes on my box or have to take time off for an engineer to visit. Booking an appointment is long winded, the calls etc and appropriate times do not seem to be given. During the last incident, in one phone call with virgin, a time frame was given over the phone to be in the afternoon which my husband agreed to. It was later confirmed by text that the engineer was coming in the morning! This had to be cancelled and we lost yet another day. They dont seem to understand that people cant just take random hours off to sit in!
Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cazzakel,

Thank you for the reply and coming back to us so soon, sorry about the late reply.

I have been looking into this and I would like to test a few elements of the connection. I would need some additional information and I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos