Menu
skeggman
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

different box?

I've had the Tivo since launch - and pretty much hated it since then too. I find it slow, lacks the basic teletext feature of a freeview box and the apps are so clunky and unreliable they are unusable. 

Saying this, I don't dislike the TV service and have no cause for complaint on the broadband and phone front so don't want to leave VM. So my question is, can I get a different type of VM box that has recording & HD facility, I just can't live with it any more! As I've never spoken to anyone with a kind work to say about the VM Tivo, I'm hoping there is a solution? I don't think I can stomach another inflation busting hike in price without this getting better!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
gooding5
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: different box?

Nope  Tivo is the only recording stb .

Instead of changing stb why not let us on here help or call VM ..........

What apps are you having issues with ...........

Let us help   Smiley Happy

I work in the VM Swansea Faults Center .All comments are my own.
I do NOT speak for VM.
0 Kudos
skeggman
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

To be honest it's any app, I've just given up with it and watch netflix etc on other devices. I can actually boot up my Xbox One from cold, navigate to Netflix and be logged in and choosing a movie in less time than the app takes to load on my Tivo. Even looking though my recordings is a clunky affair. The only thing it does at a pace that's civilised is change channel (and that stalls from time to time).

I've seen other people's boxes and they all seem to behave exactly the same as mine so I don't think I've got a fault, it just seems a shame when the Sky and YouView boxes seem to offer a much better user experience (I was blown away when I used the latest incarnation of the Sky+HD box recently!). I suppose my biggest gripe is that I'm paying premium price for inferior tech and I wish I'd stuck with my old V+ box sometimes even with it's tiny recording capacity. Like I say, I don't really want to leave but when the bit that connects one third of my services to my home is so poor, it seems a bit of a waste.

Is there any plan to update the box with a newer version? I might be content to wait a few months?

0 Kudos
gooding5
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

From what you describing I would call in and get VM to check Tivo for you .

Unlike sky and bt if a tech or replacement is needed it would be FREE .

Smiley Happy

I work in the VM Swansea Faults Center .All comments are my own.
I do NOT speak for VM.
0 Kudos
skeggman
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your time, I have to call anyway to get my loyalty discount re - applied and tweak my package (neglect will cost me £12 a month - no thanks!) so I will tell them that you think my box might have been broken from day 1 and I will see it can be sorted. Good negotiating position to it is as I have complained before and they told me it was fine.

Ant thoughts on the Tivo update, mine must be almost 3 years old now so it's not exactly cutting edge anyway?
0 Kudos
skeggman
Up to speed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Engineer turned up, replaced the box and was very nice about it. He went about his work in a neat & tidy way and was a credit to any organisation. Sadly, the experience is exactly the same, the box is just not fit for purpose. 

As my contract renewal has been messed up to compound my frustration, I think I might just cancel everything and go elsewhere :-(

0 Kudos