Menu
juliemc21
Joining in
Message 1 of 35
Flag for a moderator

copy series links to new tivo box

I have just had my TiVo box replaced and have followed the instructions to copy my series links. When I go to manage my TiVo there is no option to copy TiVo settings. Should this be available straight away or do I have to wait a while?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Jasxpear
Dialled in
Message 12 of 35
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: copy series links to new tivo box

Lengthy update, sorry.

So... after speaking to Yuvraj yesterday in Customer Services about this problem who assured me that this would resolve in 24 hrs, i tried again tonight with no success.

I called back and spoke to Munaf Patni who confirmed that he could manually copy these over for me - result!

After placing me on hold several times and coming back to me with questions he confirmed that everything was in place to copy my settings. He said he just needed to place me on hold for one minute to get final approval to copy the settings then i would be actioned.

After approx fifteen minutes on hold i was transferred to another Customer Services team member who knew nothing about the issue and i was back to square 1. I explained to the new engineer that the Munaf told me that he was about to copy my settings for me but the second engineer said this wasnt possible and she didnt know why i was told.

Official complaint incoming Munaf Patni (complaint ref COM100637768)- don't lie to paying customers.

The second engineer said i'd called back too early again. The second Tivo was registered 23.5 hrs ago and i need to wait 24 hrs so she couldnt do anything until EXACTLY 24 hrs had passed. I explained others on the forum have been waiting days with no success but i had to jump through the hoop so agreed i'd wait another 30 mins.

Sure enough 24.5 hrs later and it still didnt work.

I called back again tonight and spoke to a UK customer services. I was hoping for more luck his time but I didnt seem to make any progress. I was told that if i didn't have the option to Copy My Tivo settings then they'd probably been copied over already. Doh, nope, i did check that... He then said there were Broadband issues so suggested that might be the problem? I tried explaining that I dont have any broadband issues but even if i did it wouldn't explain the problem of a VM web server not working properly. He drew a blank then and said he couldnt help any further so would pass it on to 2nd Line support.

Finally i spoke to Emily in second line support - sorry Emily i didn't get your surname but what a breathe of fresh air. Emily tested the issue and could replicate the problem with both pages immediately - 1) The boxswap copy fails with an error and 2) the "Manage My Tivo" page does not have a popup to copy the Tivo settings. Emily logged a separate support ticket with the web team in her name and has promised to update me with any progress. As this is a second line ticket for the web team not a Customer Services ticket that disappears when you put the phone down i'm much happier that something will get done now but the next few days will tell...

It's very disappointing that several people people have been experiencing the problem for weeks and VM are oblivious. Nothing seems to get escalated internally by Customer Services, calls just get bounced around and fobbed off. Even when it has been highlighted and responded to on here (by Collette in VM) still nothing had been logged to investigate - surely that's the minimum you could do Collette?

0 Kudos

All Replies
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator

juliemc21 wrote:

I have just had my TiVo box replaced and have followed the instructions to copy my series links. When I go to manage my TiVo there is no option to copy TiVo settings. Should this be available straight away or do I have to wait a while?

After logging in try going directly to:

http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap

and see if the de-activated box appears.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
juliemc21
Joining in
Message 3 of 35
Flag for a moderator

thanks,

started well, but then after selecting the boxes and clicking confirm copy I got the following error:

Info iconThe website cannot display the page
 HTTP 500

Most likely causes:
  • The website is under maintenance.
  • The website has a programming error.
 What you can try:

Refresh the page. Refresh the page.

Go back to the previous page. Go back to the previous page.

More informationMore information

This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 35
Flag for a moderator

juliemc21
Joining in
Message 5 of 35
Flag for a moderator

thanks, but got the same error, maybe there are problems with the site

I will try again tomorrow

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi juliemc21,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I wanted to pop  by and see if you've had any luck in copying the data over to the new TiVo®?

Let me know how you're getting on, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
juliemc21
Joining in
Message 7 of 35
Flag for a moderator

hi 

No I haven't managed to get it to work, I just keep getting error messages.

I have given up now to be honest and just reset all the ones I can remember

thanks anyway

Julie

0 Kudos
DJ1Smith
Joining in
Message 8 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Any signs of a resolution to this issue?
I have had my Tivo box changed and get the following error when trying to perform the "box swop".

{"response":{"data":{"items":[],"end":true},"config":[],"errors":["There must be a type array provided."],"exceptionClass":"TivoToolsException"}}

Any help would be excellent...

Jasxpear
Dialled in
Message 9 of 35
Flag for a moderator

If i try this on a MS Edge browser i get a 500 error - page cannot be found.

On Chrome on a desktop or iOS i get the following error

{"response":{"data":{"items":[],"end":true},"config":[],"errors":["There must be a type array provided."],"exceptionClass":"TivoToolsException"}}

I tried logging the call with Customer Services tonight who told me that this is because my replacement Tivo is not in the database yet and could take 24 hours to update. 

I said i doubted his explanation as both new and old box are already showing on the page? I only get the error when i try transferring the settingswhich indicates a problem with the webpage to me but the call centre manager was adamant that it would tomorrow as there was nothing he could do.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
juliemc21
Joining in
Message 10 of 35
Flag for a moderator

a week on and I still get the error message so you are right, I think it must be a problem with the web site

0 Kudos