Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

control youtube from mobile

I was always on the understanding that you could only control youtube on tivo from a youtube account linked on mobile

But i just found out that its any mobile device that is on the same network

Can anyone confirm if this is the case or if its a bug i feel it should be account linked instead of any device

The artist formally known as Swt4ajp
Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: control youtube from mobile

Hi Swt4ajt,

Thank for your post and question.

I've had a little look and you can use any device that's on the same WiFi network, as long as the TiVo is connected via Ethernet cable. You would still need to sign in to complete this task. May I ask what's prompted you to ask about this?

Keep in touch and hope you're enjoying the week so far Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Swt4ajt,

Thank for your post and question.

I've had a little look and you can use any device that's on the same WiFi network, as long as the TiVo is connected via Ethernet cable. You would still need to sign in to complete this task. May I ask what's prompted you to ask about this?

Keep in touch and hope you're enjoying the week so far Smiley Happy

Ben

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @BenD_H

Thanks for confirming Smiley Happy

I was thinking that if you are signed in to the tivo using a youtube account and logged into mobile using the same then it would be the only account that could access the tivo's youtube

Easier way to explain:

if youtube account xx logs into youtube on tivo and xx logs into mobile device then only user xx should be able to access youtube on the tivo, user yy tried to connect they wouldnt be able to

Only asking as I had a mate around on Saturday night and he was looking at youtube on his mobile (it is an apple eeewww) and he touched the send to tv button and i was shocked to see that he was able to lol and then I checked my wifes phone and she was able to as well lol

I am going to have to setup a guest network so then guests cannot connect to the youtube on tivo Smiley Very Happy

I dont want people to park up outside just to connect to youtube and annoy me Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Swt4ajt,

Haha, I can just see the potential pranks and annoying factor to the delicate balance in the home!

I hope that you are having a good day and if there's anything that i can help you with in the future Smiley Happy

P.S I don't own an apple Smiley Tongue

Ben

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That should not happen as when i got my new Apple iPhone i had to reregister it to the tivos YT software as well as my XB360 and PS3. and the same with my other apple devices. I do have a Android tablet but thats used to run emulators and a new Apple iPad Mini 3 is due soon. 

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yea I didn't think it should work like that Smiley Sad

To me it seemed like a bug as before it was only just my youtube account that was linked and was the only device that was able to connect to the TiVo youtube but now anyone and everyone who is on the same network as the TiVo box is able to connect to it.

0 Kudos