Menu
janner101
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

connecting a sooundbar

if i had hair i would be pulling it out ,i bought a digihome tv and treated myself to a LG soundbar ,i have 2 optical connectors on the sound bar but none on my t v .an optical cable was supplied but seemingly of no use to me .Do i need to take the sound bar back or is there an alternative method of getting this connected .

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: connecting a sooundbar

From what i can see from the specs that sounder is designed to be connected to LG TVs via Bluetooth. Is has a input on the front (headphone type socket) that accepts analog audio in and 2 optical ports and a USB Host port. as your TV has no optical out and I am guessing also it does not support Bluetooth your only option is to feed audio in via the front input (not ideal) or take it back and look for one that has HDMI ports, Analog RCA (Phono) inputs or if your tv has it Coax Digital.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What model of Sounder is it?

0 Kudos
janner101
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

its a LG NB2530A

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

From what i can see from the specs that sounder is designed to be connected to LG TVs via Bluetooth. Is has a input on the front (headphone type socket) that accepts analog audio in and 2 optical ports and a USB Host port. as your TV has no optical out and I am guessing also it does not support Bluetooth your only option is to feed audio in via the front input (not ideal) or take it back and look for one that has HDMI ports, Analog RCA (Phono) inputs or if your tv has it Coax Digital.

janner101
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks for your help amwsmith i have managed to connect it through my tivo box atm but you are right its not ideal so the daughter gets an extra prezzy for xmas
0 Kudos