Re: communication

May I haver an email address for virgin Media please

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

There is no email support. Your best option is webchat, available via the Contact Us link at the foot of each page.

0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Found this on the web. Tom Mockridge is/was CEO in Jan 2016. The OP said that he got a reply within 15 mins.

"If you want to penetrate Virginmedia’s anti-customer service shield, send your emails to removed ".

Can't post the actual link as vm's filters keep deleting it  : )

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
UNKNOWN
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Browser01 wrote:

Found this on the web. Tom Mockridge is/was CEO in Jan 2016. The OP said that he got a reply within 15 mins.

"If you want to penetrate Virginmedia’s anti-customer service shield, send your emails to removed ". Can't post the link as vm's filters keep deleting it : )

In my experience you get an automated response within 15 minutes promising a senior person will get back to you within 24 hours and then you never hear more. Same when customer support offer to log a complaint on your behalf, on the telephone and they promise someone will call back, never happens.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

UNKNOWN wrote:

Browser01 wrote:

"If you want to penetrate Virginmedia’s anti-customer service shield, send your emails to removed ". Can't post the link as vm's filters keep deleting it : )

In my experience you get an automated response within 15 minutes promising a senior person will get back to you within 24 hours and then you never hear more. Same when customer support offer to log a complaint on your behalf, on the telephone and they promise someone will call back, never happens.

I had a problem with both of my Tivos starting in May. After six engineer visits the problem was diagnosed and the answer? Tough luck you will have to live with it. Phoning was useless, the Forum team ignored my requests for help and the Censorship team removed my posts and banned me for having the cheek to complain.

Eventually, in late August, I googled the CEO's (Tom Mockridge) address, i.e. the one removed above by the Censorship team. I received an acknowledgement immediately but then nothing for weeks. You will have seen the misleading posts by the Forum team that the complaints team try and phone three times then close the call. What they do not tell you is that, despite giving my mobile number as the contact number, they phoned my landline number. 

Apparently they expect you to sit by your landline for twenty-eight days. If you are not there, e.g. out working, then tough. I finally got a call on my mobile as they were planing to drop my complaint, having called my landline despite being given my mobile number. And the end result, nothing!

I eventually got it sorted by nagging away to get the chance to speak to the one guy who could help. Turned out no-one had bothered to pass the full details on to him and, once I had gave him the full story, he asked for my boxes to be replaced. In October, five months after the problem had started and been reported.

Useless, useless, useless. Customer service, either by phone or here is useless. They simply don't care.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
UNKNOWN
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Interesting, thanks for posting. Thing is though, I like so many others do not use my landline other than every time I have a fault with VM (what do they charge us for this, something like £20 a month??) Anyway, I do occasionally check for missed calls, so if they had tried to call me whilst at work, I would have known about it.

I just don't like that they seem to get away with saying whatever they like. I was told for MONTHS my broadband wasn't working (as well as the slow Tivo) because of being in an oversubscribed area, yet they are still taking on new customers in the area. "Overseas" support even "told" me the number of customers connected to the local box and how many it was designed for and that the council had to give planning permission to fix it, blah, blah. Eventually, AFTER I HAD CANCELLED  my services, I had a call from retentions offering all sorts of things including a HUB 3.0 and he said nothing to lose, if It doesn't work then so be it. Anyway after the usual hassle with me calling to say the broadband still does not work with the new router, first I was told it was due to the "activation service being down", after that it works fine, over-subscription fixed within an hour by replacing a 2ac with a 3.0. I logged a complaint about the "quality" of information I had been given and heard nothing back.

My Tivo is broken now, keep losing one of the tuners as well as other things so I'm just running down the recorded programs and then I'm off. Customer services are clearly not interesting in making things better or resolving faults. (After the switch it off and on, it drops into the too hard bucket). V6 does not interest me, IMO it's just the same software (until they replace it with their own invention) in a different box with some features removed and all the "extras" that are just gimmicks that do not deliver and the "you can pause on one device and resume on another" is of no interest whatsoever to myself - I'm an old dinosaur that likes to watch television on a television but I expect things like being able to choose which channels to record from, to work as a given, like it used to.

0 Kudos
vwt5
Up to speed
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

well said my man

0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

There was nothing personal or private contained in my last post. All the information was freely available by googling vm emails. : )

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Browser01 wrote:

There was nothing personal or private contained in my last post. All the information was freely available by googling vm emails. : )

If the rest of VM reacted as quickly as the Censorship team then it would be a world beater. 

Regrettably, however, the Censorship team is there to frustrate customers rather than help them.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos