Menu
muswell2013
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

communication error there was a problem connecting to the tivo service

Over the past few months i have attempted to log on to the Virgin anywhere app on my iphone buy I am unable to connect and receive various error messages such as communication error there was a problem connecting to the tivo service and we're sorry we're having a few technical problems. we're working to fix them so please try again later.

I have tried suggestions on the forum such as rebooting the modem and powering off iphone also turned off/on Tivo box and reinstalled app but still same error messages. I rang support however, did not know what the problem was and told me to call back in 2 hours?

I also tried going through settings on the TIVo box but to no avail has anyone got and ideas how to fix this issue? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: communication error there was a problem connecting to the tivo service

Hi muswell2013

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV Anywhere application.

Are you able to use the application on any devices? If so, what device are you having trouble with? And what operating system does it use? When you log into My Virgin Media do you see the device registered there?

Sorry for all the questions! We want to get to the bottom of this issue as soon as possible.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
muswell2013
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig I am unable to use on any devices I can  download app however my TIVO box doe not seek able to link up with app. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI muswell

Thanks for the response, when you download the app and sign in it should allow you to register the device for TV Anywhere.

After that, it should show you your box to use with the app. Out of that process, what's not happening?

If the box isn't showing but the rest is as described, try connecting your box using the tips on [this page]. Alternatively, you can find out how to set up TV Anywhere on the device your using by following the links at the bottom of [this page] depending on the devices you're trying to set up.

I hope this helps

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
muswell2013
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Rang Virgin a week ago spent about hour and a half on phone they admitted problem at their end said would fix within 24 hours but you've guessed still not working. Twice I have called and both times told would work later have now given up and will be changing to sky next month when 12 month contract ends not wasting anymore time and energy on this one. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi muswell2013

I'm sorry to learn about the continued problems you're experiencing with your service, did the suggestions I mentioned in my last post help at all?

We're looking forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos