Menu
Wildie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

channel switching and worst

ok this it happening alot now the box either turns it self off or changes channel or goes to the menu screen and starts doing odd things and no there is no lights or anything that the ir can pick up on in this room nothing wth going on, stray ir from some one in the street, i m ean come on i sit and watch the dam thing nav the menus all by it`s self. if you ask me it`s been hacked some how.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: channel switching and worst

Hello Wildie,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I have located your account and I can see that you've spoken to one of the team so please let me know if you're still experiencing any problems and I'll investigate it further.

All the best.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Wildie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

not spoken to anyone about it just the stupid hub 2 kept dropping the wifi signal so new hub3 still the tivo doing its channel surfing and turning its self off

0 Kudos
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have a theory (it could be bunnies - hands up if you get the reference Smiley Happy ) ...

Anyway, have a quick search through the forum for 'Phantom TiVo' and see if you've got such an occurrence on your TV Anywhere app or TiVo web access.  This is a wild brain-twist of mine that there's a feedback signal resulting in your TiVo appearing as a phantom on a neighbour's system.

0 Kudos
Wildie
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have turn that off to make sure it was not that, anyway a engineer came round to fix our hub 3 as the hub2 went postal and gave us a new remote and all is fine, it kinda worn out with sticky finger ie KIDS. anyway that box is been retired to the kids room and the v6 is on it`s way. and thanks.

nar not buffy the bunnie killer Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well, my TiVo started controlling itself last night during the Superbowl.  

There I was, watching BBC 1, when the screen shrunk  to the top right, the guide popped up and started going through the channels.  I grabbed my remote and pressed the Exit button (the one below the Guide button) and the picture returned to full screen.  

A few seconds later it was as if the Home button had been pressed and the screen started going through the guide again and tried to record a different channel.  I grabbed the remote again and managed to get my picture back.

If any of you watched the game last night you can imagine how frustrating and worrying this was, especially as it happened with about 10 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter.

It was an amazing game though Smiley Happy

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wildie

I'm very sorry to learn about the continued problems you're experiencing with your TV service. As your set top box is turning itself on and off I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a clover look, if you're available? 

We want to get this issue resolved as soon as possible, I've sent you information regarding a visit in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos