Menu
mobily
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

casting to TiVo

Hi all I have my TiVo connected to my home network via Ethernet but have issues casting YouTube and Netflix to the box. Sometimes the cast button gives the name of my TiVo box and sometimes it doesn't. I'm currently at my parents with the same setup and the TiVo box is always an option under the cast button. In fact if the TV is off and you select TiVo under cast the TV will turn on itself! Does anyone else have an issue with casting from tablet/phone?
0 Kudos
mobily
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: casting to TiVo

Does anyone experience this issue?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey mobily

I've not noticed any issues with this to be honest, when you tried this at your parents house were you using the same device you're using at home? Signed into the same account etc?

Hope you had a good Christmas / New Year too.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
acahill
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've currently got a similar issue - when I select Cast from my laptop (windows 10) it scans the network then I can select Living Room - which is the name of my Tivo box - when I select it it says connecting, then connected - the video stops displaying on the laptop but nothing happens on the TV

Any advice on how to set it up?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi acahill,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forum. Sorry to hear that you are having problems casting to TiVo®.  I'd love to help further with this, but I'm going to need more details.

What equipment or program are you using for casting? 

Please let me know.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos