Menu
vwt5
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

cancellation

hi,my contract with vm ends 2/6/2017,can i give notice now not to renew it?

do you think they would accept this?

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: cancellation

150 is the best option for cancellation but u can put your inquiry on here to the team as they can tell you the best options for contract to end yes you can tell them that your leaving and they will send out a return bag for your equipment jonni I'm leaving this company soon ex customer of virgin #helper
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

vwt5 wrote:

hi,my contract with vm ends 2/6/2017,can i give notice now not to renew it?

do you think they would accept this?

I believe that not only do you have to give months notice but it is unlikely that they would accept a request to cancel so far in advance. I would also be careful that, were you to call just now, that was not interpreted as you wishing to end your contract prematurely as that might invoke a financial penalty.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi vwt5, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are thinking of leaving us already.  Is there anything we can do to change your mind? Smiley Sad 

frank_gm is correct here. It is to early to give notice now. You will need to give us a call in May and give 30 days notice. 

Once you have given your 30 days notice to disconnect, the account will continue as normal until the disconnection date. This means your billing cycle will also continue as normal. 

On your disconnection date the services will stop and a final bill will be produced a few days later. This will include any refunds, adjustments and charges. If the overall amount shows as a charge, you'll need to make this payment via a credit or debit card as soon as possible. If there is a refund showing then we will send you a cheque for that amount. 

As well as the final bill, you will receive some packaging to return any equipment you have if we need it back. There will be instructions on how you can return this to us in the pack. 

I really hope you do re-consider leaving us and if there is anything else we can do for you, let us know.

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos