Menu
lol58
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

buffering with tivo

no idea if this is in the right section, if not then mods feel free to move. 

ever since we have had tivo we have not been able to watch anythin on catchup or youtube through the tivo as it just constantly buffers. not just a little bit to be annoying but all of the time. This hasnt really bothered us for a while however now we are wanting to watch more and more on catchup as our box is filling up with recordings. We have 150mb broadband so i feel we shouldnt really have any buffering at all. Now, our internet does come into the house upstairs and into the router there, we have no network cable going to the tivo and do not have a wireless enabled tv. however i was told when the tivo was being installed that the internet for the TV would be coming through the cable to tv comes through so there wont be an issue. 

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: buffering with tivo

The issue isn't your broadband. Your TiVo has a dedicated 10mb internet connection which is separate from your broadband. 

I suggest you you phone in and ask for an engineer visit. Could be a number of issues with the box itself that could be fixed. 

lol58
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, i will do just that later on when i get home. 

0 Kudos
cruising
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have a trawl through the posts on the thread regarding the YouTube Application.

This will give you some idea of the problems that many of us have been suffering with for months and months.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi lol58

I'm really sorry to learn about the trouble you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment, I've not been able to accurately locate your account and take a closer look at this from our end for you unfortunately.

To allow me to do that, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Sorry again for the inconvenience caused, we're looking forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos