Menu
jonnypne
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

brand new tivo really slow after update could my internet affect it?

hi all,

I have a brand new TiVo box and its really slow I'm having problems with my internet speeds also which an engineer is coming to look at on Saturday could this affect my TiVo?

also when it was all installed the TiVo box and the router have been placed next to each other so could this affect the speed of either of them I would of moved one of them but the cables aren't long enough to enable me to do this.

thanks

jonny

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: brand new tivo really slow after update could my internet affect it?

Hi there

If the signal levels from the cabinet to your house are out of whack, yes it could affect TiVo as well as your broadband.

I would wait for the engineer, ask them to give you a longer cable for one or the other to enable you to move them to test, but most likely they will sort it out on your visit.

Last time I had issues it required the same spec attenuator attached to HUB and TiVo to correct teh levels, but they performed fine afterwards, and they are close together, less than 2ft. But take the opportunity to get a longer cable just in case...

0 Kudos
jonnypne
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Kippies wrote:

Hi there

If the signal levels from the cabinet to your house are out of whack, yes it could affect TiVo as well as your broadband.

I would wait for the engineer, ask them to give you a longer cable for one or the other to enable you to move them to test, but most likely they will sort it out on your visit.

Last time I had issues it required the same spec attenuator attached to HUB and TiVo to correct teh levels, but they performed fine afterwards, and they are close together, less than 2ft. But take the opportunity to get a longer cable just in case...

ok thanks for your advice mine are pretty much touching and all i know is that the downstream and upstream level arent correct thats what the engineer is coming to check but hopefully all will get sorted thanks again

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonnypne Smiley Happy

Many thanks for coming in and posting your message back into the Community Smiley Happy

When your new TiVo is slow, it's never the best. i can see that you have mentioned that you have an engineer out for Saturday just gone,how did it go?

I have tested the TiVo/s and I can see some healthy levels now Smiley Happy

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
jonnypne
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Spoiler
hi 

after the engineers visit there is no change to the spped of the tivo or my internet although he did bring all levels for the internet in spec it hasnt made it any quicker at all
0 Kudos