Menu
dave181
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

bbci player buffer

I have read so many messages about people having problems with BBCI player on Tivo.  I add myself to the frustrated many who are experiencing buffer problems.  An engineer came out to my house a few months ago now and said that there was a power problem in the area and it wasn't scheduled to be fixed any time soon.

At the end of the day I am paying for a service that isn't being provided.  I also have to say that I am not impressed at all with the general sluggishness of Tivo.  If the problem doesn't get resolved by the end of my contract, I will be moving suppliers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: bbci player buffer

Hi dave181,

Welcome to the community, thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you're experiencing buffering issues with our TiVo® service, I know how annoying it can be.  I have carried out some checks to find the cause of the fault and signal wise all looks great from here.

I did find that there is currently some high demand on the network which will cause this fault.  I have escalated this to our network teams to investigate and work on.  

This can take a little time to resolve, but we will work hard to get this fixed for you.  

We're here to help if you need us, keep in touch. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
roddydogs
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The never ending thread, Im afraid you just have to accept that it cant be fixed 100%, & that some progs will be unwatchable, thou some play perfectly.   Mind you on my smart TV, its nowhere near perfect as well, with some progs buffering, can only assume its the I.Player platform.  But if I use it on a comp or tablet, ive never had a problem!

0 Kudos
dave181
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry but this has been going on ever since I had a Tivo box in December 2014.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi dave181,

Thanks for allowing us some time to get back to you. I appreciate your frustrations with regards to the ongoing buffering on BBC iPlayer.

I've now heard back from the networks team. They've acknowledged there's a high demand in your area for our service. They're now working towards a resolution for this.

This is being investigated under fault reference F003776597. The next review date has been set for 9th September 2015. I'm afraid I don't have any more information to provide at this stage.

Due to the complexity of the work needed we can never give a definite fix date. Please feel free to bump this after the review date for more information.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos