Menu
cutter256
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

alibi freezing

alibi freezing and pixelated,,,anyone else having issues with alibi on there tivo box ???all other channels fine,have rebooted the box to no avail,,thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: alibi freezing

Hi cutter256,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing pixelation on this channel.  I'll be happy to help check this out with you.

I have carried out some checks with the box remotely and all looks fine with the signal and power levels currently.  I have had a look at the channel in our office TV and all seems ok so far.

Can you please advise if:

* This happens on other channels?

* Happens at certain times of the day?

* Have you tried rebooting the box to refresh things to see if this helps?

Keep me posted on how you get on, I'm here to help if you need me. Smiley Happy

Collette. 

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Olly
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Collette did you even read the OP's post.. They said it wasn't happening on other channels and they had rebooted to no avail. Only thing they didn't mention from your list of questions was if it was a specific time of day but even I can infer from what they wrote that it is all the time...  Smiley Wink 

cutter256
Tuning in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

have rebooted the box 4 or 5 times,,no other channels are affected just alibi and it happens all the time not just specific times of the day,,thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi there cutter256, 

Thank you for coming back to confirm the answers. I've taken another look at the test results, and just as Collette found, the power levels and other stats are spot on. Though I do notice that since the last time the TiVo® was rebooted, it has logged quite a few errors (T3 errors) which could be something, so I'd now like to arrange for a technician to call out and take a closer look for you. 

I've sent you a private message to get things moving, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on that and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi there cutter256, 

Just thought I'd check to see if you were able to view the private message I sent yesterday, as I've not had a reply back. 

Should you wish for me to book a technician, please let me know. 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Robert-Norton
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

We have also experienced regular bouts of occasional freezing and pixelation on Alibi. Whilst only mildly irritating and infrequent it nevertheless should not happen on a relatively new machine. We have noticed that it mainly happens on recordings and possibly when more than one channel was recording at the same time. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
cutter256
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

sorted the problem,i removed the filter and when I touched the cable it stopped pixelating and freezing,i have put some electrical tape around it and wedged it behind the box,it works perfectly now

0 Kudos
Robert-Norton
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Well done! I'll have a look at mine when I get a chance.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robert-Norton,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing picture issues on some of your channels.  I wanted to pop by and see how things are today.

I have been able to take a look at your box remotely and all looks super with the signal and power levels.

If you are still experiencing any picture issues, please let me know.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos