adding a single channel

How can I add channel 159 to my tv
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: adding a single channel

159 should be available on all packs, so either there's an error, or there may not be anything broadcasting in your area

Where are you?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Gbinns
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry should have added more info I'm down south was asking if it's possible to add ch159 (made in Leeds)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No - you can't add single channels anyway and even if it were possible if the channel is not carried on the VM distribution point to which you are connected, as it would not be in this case as it is a strictly local channel, it would not be available to add.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Gbinns
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok thx for the replies 👍😁
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Channel 159 is allocated for Local TV, & is headend dependant. So the headend that serves your area must be in the agreed licence coverage area of the station.

As far as I am aware Made in Leeds only has a licence to operate on Freeview. A lot of the local TV stations that are launching are strapped for cash & are therefore not persuing the additional cable transmission licence required.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos