Menu
debmann1970
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

accidental damage of TiVO box

Hi there

I hope you can help as my husband has tried on a number of occasions to get hold of someone to help us. We love Virgin Media and have a TIVO box in the living room and in our bedroom. I regularly watch the news and other programmes in our bedroom while the kids watch their children's programmes downstairs. Last week, a cup of dilute juice dripped down onto the box and we would like to have this replaced or repaired but my husband has not yet been able to get through to anyone on the phone. I have a severe hearing impairment and cannot just call but we are desperate to have this fixed if possible or cancel out subscription for the bedroom TiVo box. Nobody noticed that there was a small crack in the cup which resulted in this event and I'm hoping someone can help us please? Any suggestions would be appreciated and the box was switched on while the leak was going on....

0 Kudos
debmann1970
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

accidental damage of TiVO box

Dear Sir/Madam

We have a TV in our bedroom as well as one in the living room and are really pleased with our Virgin Media Package. The children watch their programmes downstairs while I watch the news and other programmes in our room. Last week, I put a cup of dilute juice on top of the TV unaware that there was a crack and subsequently water ran down and damaged the TiVo box which was switched on at that time. My husband has tried to call to ask about either a repair or a duplicate box but has not managed to get through. I have severe hearing impairment and cannot call myself and am hoping that by contacting the Virgin Media Community somebody might get in touch to help us.  Al the moment we are paying for the additional box that is of no use to us and we want to get this issue resolved asap please?? Your assistance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
debmann1970
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: accidental damage of TiVO box

I realise this is my 3rd post but my husband has just got home and I want to say that the box in our bedroom is actually a V-HD box and not a TiVo box. This has been damaged due to water dripping on it as a genuine accident and I am desperately trying to get in touch with virgin media to ask for assistance. My husband has tried on a number of occasions to call but has not managed to speak to anyone. Please help ?? Cheers

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you e damaged a box albeit accidentally you'll have to pay for a replacement. You could try claiming on your house insurance. After all that's what it's for. Try this to get hold of someonE

http://ow.ly/hGnf303JwjR

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry! Wrong link. 

Cant find the one I want! Either you'll have to keep trying on the phone or wait til a mod on here see your post. Don't forget 150 free from a virgin phone. Google virgin customer services to find a live chat link (that I can't find but its there somewhere) 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi debmann1970,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you've had trouble with your TiVo®.

So I can look into this further for you, I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen).

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos