Menu
withnail69
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

a couple of shows a night moved to 'recently deleted'

I have a series link and have about 15 shows on my tivo box. I'm not sure if this is important but there are a couple of episodes of this show each day recorded. When I return to 'my shows' every night I have to manually remove two episodes from the recently deleted area. I haven't watched or deleted these episodes and in my settings I said to keep all episodes of this show so I can't see why they are randomly being deleted. I am not even at 90% of my capacity either. Any ideas? Its getting a real pain to manually recover them every night!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: a couple of shows a night moved to 'recently deleted'

If a tivo deletes an episode of something it is "gone" and cannot be retrieved from the recently deleted folder, as far as I am aware only shows deleted by someone in your household would go into that folder

withnail69
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

dannylau wrote:

If a tivo deletes an episode of something it is "gone" and cannot be retrieved from the recently deleted folder, as far as I am aware only shows deleted by someone in your household would go into that folder

Thats NOT whats happening. Nobody is deleting these shows. The are in recently deleted and I CAN and HAVE TO restore them from there in order to watch them. Its not even taking the most recent shows either. It makes no sense

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How many episodes are set to keep in the series link?

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
withnail69
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

ozsat wrote:

How many episodes are set to keep in the series link?

All episodes. I was going to try 25 but all is pretty safe I thought

0 Kudos
Dav1d
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

dannylau wrote:

Programmes deleted due to "Keep at most setting" are also moved to the recently deleted folded, and are able to be recovered.

I have just tried it with a series link set to record 10 episodes.  It records one episode a day and having 10 stored, one gets deleted each day.

I have now recovered the one that was auto deleted yesterday, and now have 11 episodes stored.

0 Kudos
withnail69
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all the help guys. Some googling fixed this issue (I think). I noticed egg timers appearing against the shows even though they were only a couple of days old. I rebooted the box and the egg timers next to the shows all went away. Reporting back just in case anyone else encounters same issue

0 Kudos