Menu
TheWiseGeordie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Youtube videos

When watching a Youtube video after around 20 minutes it stops to show a commercial then just goes back to 'loading'.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Youtube videos

Hi TheWiseGeordie,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I will be happy to help out here.  Does this happen on every video that you watch that is over 20 minutes long?  It is normal to have ads on some videos.  I've not seen it affect videos after playing for 20 minutes.  

If you can let me know I will check further.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
TheWiseGeordie
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Collette.Thanks for the reply. I watched a video last night over 20 mins and it was ok. What I have noticed is that sometimes the black 'bar' shows up on a video across the top of the screen which tells you what video you are watching [the date it was uploaded/no of views etc] at random times [as if there has been a slight pause]. The batteries in my remote are new but I will change them again just in case. If it continues I will let you know. Thanks, Stephen.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy

I just had an idea this morning about this, it may be down to the video you chose, it may have been it was showing in a 2 or 3 part kind of way which would explain the ads.  When the 2nd part started after the first the ads will start showing.  This may or may not be the case but it's worth looking out for if this does occur again.

Keep me posted, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos