Menu
robotochan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Youtube loading speed

One of the cool things about these streaming services like Youtube and Netflix is the ability to pick something I want to watch on my phone, and then getting it to play on my TV. I've used this with other smart TV's and it works brilliantly with the videos playing in seconds.

Unfortunately, my TV isn't so smart, but that shouldn't be a problem with Tivo right?

So why is that when I find a video on Youtube I want to cast to my Tivo box, I get a "One moment" page for 45 seconds, followed the YouTube splash for another minute, and then it simply takes me to the menu on YouTube because it timed out. I then have to again cast the video to get it to work?

Is this normal?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Youtube loading speed

Hi robotochan

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to l;earn about this issue.

Does this happen every time you try to watch a Youtube video through your phone to the TiVo box?

I've also not been able to locate your account unfortunately, so I can take a closer look can I ask you to respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of the page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi robotochan,

My name is Collette, I have picked this up on behalf of Craig as he's not in today.  I hope you don't mind me stepping in to help out Smiley Happy

I have been able to access your account and carry out the necessary checks for you.  So far after checking the TiVo® remotely all looks great signal and power level wise.  

I have also had a look at the network side of things and there's no high demand issues present which is great to see.  Can you please tell me if you have any issues using other apps via the TiVo®?  

Please keep me posted, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
robotochan
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette

I've just tried loading a few other apps from the box directly (iPlayer and Spotify). Iplayer took about a minute just to get to the main menu, although Spotify was fairly quick (about 15 secs).

0 Kudos
robotochan
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Guess that's all the help I'm getting then.

0 Kudos
adrianm758
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

While I'm sure VM would deny it's a 'known issue', your experience with it timing out on casting, especially on the first launch of youtube in a while, is quite common. 

0 Kudos