Menu
haymaker2k
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Youtube has a mind of its own.

This is very annoying.  When I am watching something, on TV or Netflix, the youtube app sometimes decides its time to open all on its own.  On the other hand, when watching youtube, its sometimes decides it want me to watch normal TV again and exits itself.

This has happened serveral times over the past week.  That is after I get to what I want to watch after waiting forever for a slow TIVO box that appears to wait at least 10 seconds each time I want to select something on a menu.

Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
adrianm758
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Youtube has a mind of its own.

See this similar post (and there are other threads also)...

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/TiVo-switching-to-you-tube/m-p/3132947...

Also, please it would be nice if you could actually reply and let us know if you solved, unlike the previous posters who can't seem to be bothered..
0 Kudos
HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've not had the issue of YouTube starting on it's own but have had it exit by it's self. For a month or so it's done it after an hour but last week it started exiting after 20ish minutes.

The other problem I've had is when watching during a network connection it's like watching a photo album with an occasional sound bite.

---------------------------------------------------------------
This life hesitates to be enjoyed
Not the slightest prospect of change
Vicious circle
That I'd thought to have escaped
A lasting state of worry prolongs

Mirthless - by - Mirror Of Deception
(from the 2004 album - Foregone)
haymaker2k
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the link and suggestion.  I am sure it is not that as I am the only one with the TV anywhere app set up, that I hate after the update by the way (where is the stop button?)

Has not happened for a few days but will keep a watch on it to see what happens as I just exit youtube straight away when it opens so don`t know if it plays a video or not.

0 Kudos