Menu
Flyingwhale
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Youtube app starting randomly

Has anybody got this very strange issue?  On several occasions while we were watching TV with the Tivo box, the screen goes purple, with the whirling donut and displaying "One Moment Please".  After what seems an eon, Youtube starts!

You can't stop it in mid flow, even pressing Home won't get it back.

This is a really irritating fault and has ruined the viewing of a few shows.  Could you please investigate why this is occurring and rectify?

0 Kudos
Flyingwhale
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Youtube app starting randomly

I noticed that this has been reported once before and i can't say I was too impressed with the "solution"...

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/TiVo-keeps-switching-to-YouTube/td-p/3...
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Flyingwhale,

Thank you for coming in for the first time, I hope you're enjoying your Wednesday evening.

I would love to help but have been unable to access your account. I will need some further information before doing so, I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Please have a read and get back to me when you can. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Flyingwhale
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi.  Just to let you know that a Virgin Media engineer came out and adjusted the power levels on my Tivo.  He said that they were too high and although he wasn't sure that had anything to do with the random YouTube launches, it does seem to have done the trick.

So thanks for your help on this matter Smiley Happy

0 Kudos